ILLINOIS CENTRAL DOUBLE-DECK COMMUTER CAR
The 85-ft cars are climate-controlled. Plastics, aluminum, and stainless steel are used extensively on the interiors not only for esthetic purposes, but also to hold maintenance costs in line. The cars have a seating capacity of 156.
- This paper was presented at the ASME Winter Annual Meeting, November 28-December 2, 1971. The notification of this paper appeared in Mechanical Engineering.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Publication Date: 1971
- TRT Terms: Commuter cars; Double deck commuter cars; Passenger cars; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Passenger car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00041679
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Mechanical Engineering
- Report/Paper Numbers: 71-WA/RT-7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 15 1973 12:00AM