VERT-A-PAC AUTO-CARRYING CAR
A very exciting new type of freight car has entered the fleet of automobile-carrying cars. A giant-sized freight car called Vert-A-Pac stretches up 18 ft, 4 in. off the rail. A joint development of Southern Pacific and General Motors, the towering car is designed and equipped for hauling the tiny Vega 2300s, Chevrolet's entry in the new U.S. subcompact automobile field.
- This paper was presented at the ASME Winter Annual Meeting, November 28-December 2, 1971. The notification of this paper appeared in Mechanical Engineering.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersThree Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Publication Date: 1971
- TRT Terms: Automobile rack cars; Freight cars
- Old TRIS Terms: Vert-a-pac
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00041678
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Mechanical Engineering
- Report/Paper Numbers: 71-WA/RT-7
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 15 1974 12:00AM