BRAKE RIGGING EFFICIENCY OF RAILWAY FREIGHT CARS
The dynamic brake rigging efficiency of freight cars, investigated by using a computer to analyze test track data, is compared with static brake rigging efficiencies. Computer simulations of constant grade braking are performed.
- This paper was presented at the ASME Winter Annual Meeting, November 28-December 2, 1971. The notification of this paper appeared in Mechanical Engineering.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- CARMAN, R W
- Publication Date: 1971
- TRT Terms: Braking; Dynamic braking; Freight cars; Simulation; Test tracks
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00041670
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Mechanical Engineering
- Report/Paper Numbers: 71-WA/RT-2
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 15 1976 12:00AM