SAFETY APPLIANCES AND POWER BRAKES
This current compilation of standards established for cars and locomotives by Federal regulation is a successor to the ICC's Safety Appliance Standards, last published in 1946, and to the Power Brake Law pamphlet, issued in 1958. It incorporates requirements for today's rolling stock, including tank cars without underframes, hi-cube box cars and cars of special design.
- This book was published by the Bureau of Railroad Safety, Federal Railroad Administration and announced in Railway Locomotives and Cars, V145, N9, September 1971.
Government Printing OfficeSuperintendent of Documents
Washington, DC USA 20402-9325
- Publication Date: 1971
- TRT Terms: Brakes; Regulations; Standards; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Brake design; Braking systems
- Subject Areas: Design; Law; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00041311
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Locomotives and Cars
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 4 1976 12:00AM