THE MODERN LOCOMOTIVE HANDBOOK
This textbook-style manual supplements RF&OOA's question-and-answer manual on locomotive operation. There are six easy-to-follow sections in the new publication. The introduction describes how each builder classifies different model locomotives and the terms and devices used by the builders are compared. There is a glossary of terms used in the following sections. All contemporary road freight units produced since 1960 are covered. The first part of each builder's section presents general information (weight, horsepower and tractive effort) along with general arrangements. The second segment describes locomotive cab controls. Section 5 discusses brake equipment. Section 6 is the trouble-shooters guide covering basic malfunctions.
- This handbook was prepared by the Railway Fuel and Operating Officers Association and announced in Railway Locomotives and Cars, V146, N4, April 1972. For copies write care of L.H. Peters, secretary-treasurer.
Railway Fuel and Operating Officers Association10414 South Wood Street
Chicago, IL USA 60643
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures;
- TRT Terms: Locomotive operations; Locomotives; Manuals
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00041301
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Railway Locomotives and Cars
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 27 1973 12:00AM