TIME SHARED WIRING FOR SHIPBOARD APPLICATIONS
In response to the continually expanding requirements aboard ship for extensive control cabling schemes, significant progress has been made by shipyards and their suppliers in developing innovative new methods and products to alleviate the resulting trend toward higher construction costs. One area of progress has been in control signal multiplexing. This paper discusses a specific form of control signal multiplexing called Time Shared Wiring. The application of Time Shared Wiring and the areas of direct cost savings are indicated, as well as the additional benefits derived from applying Time Shared Wiring. A general description of the theory and operation of the hardware is presented, however, no "in depth" technical discussion of the actual circuitry is intended.
- Presented at the Los Angeles Section Meeting of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Baker, N M
- Carroll, A W
- Publication Date: 1972-5-11
- TRT Terms: Electrical wiring; Multiplexing
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00039324
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 10 1972 12:00AM