DYNAMIC BEHAVIOR OF THIRD CONTACT SHOE FOR HIGH SPEED TRANSPORTATION
Demand for higher speed ground transportation is dependent upon suitable methods for collecting electrical energy to power vehicle; dynamic response of electric contact shoe and rail system is considered; analytical models are presented and applied to typical design for contact shoe; rational design approach is developed and design modifications for high speed operation are recommended.
- Proceedings from the 14th Annual Technical Meeting, St. Louis, Missouri, April 29 to May 1, 1968.
Institute of Environmental Sciences940 East Northwest Highway
Mount Prospect, IL United States 60056
- Magnus, D E
- Publication Date: 1968-4
- Pagination: p. 415-421
- TRT Terms: Electrical conductivity; High speed rail; Railroad electrification; Third rail
- Old TRIS Terms: Conductor collector dynamics
- Subject Areas: Construction; Materials; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00043006
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 2 1973 12:00AM