PORT COLLECTION AND SEPARATION FACILITIES FOR OILY WASTES. VOLUME I: COLLECTION, TREATMENT AND DISPOSAL OF OIL WATER WASTES FROM SHIPS
The types of oil wastes brought into selected ports by non-military shipping are identified. Estimates of quantities, based on total prohibition of overboard dumping, brought in during 1970 and anticipated for 1975 and 1980 are made. Conceptual designs for collecting, treating and disposing of the oil wastes with no additional environmental degradation along with cost estimates were made for the selected ports. The roles of Government are explored, the impact on shipping is evaluated and the overall entrepreneurial viability of the concept discussed. It is intended that this report serve as a guide for any U.S. port contemplating a Port Collection and Separation Facility.
- Prepared in cooperation with Esso Research and Engineering Company. See also Volume 2: General Technology, COM-73-11069, Repr PC, $6.00, Microfiche, $1.45; Volume 3: General Data and Conceptual Plans for the Surveged Ports, COM-73-11070, Repr PC, $10.60, Microfiche, $1.45; and Volume 4: Executive Summary, COM-73-11071, Repr PC, $4.50, Microfiche, $1.45. Paper copy also available from NTIS $24.00/set of 4 reports as COM-73-11067-SET.
Harris (Frederic R), Incorporated300 East 42nd Street
New York, NY USA 10017
- Forster, R L
- Moyer, J E
- Firstman, S I
- Publication Date: 1973-3
- Pagination: 236 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Economic factors; Estimates; Forecasting; Harbors; Impacts; Liquids; Marine terminals; Materials recovery (Mining); Measurement; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Oils; Port structures; Ports; Sewage collection; Sewage treatment; Surveys; Systems analysis; Waste disposal; Waste management; Water pollution; Water quality
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Oil separators
- Geographic Terms: Cleveland (Ohio); Hampton Roads (Virginia); Houston (Texas); New York Harbor; Saint Louis (Missouri); San Diego (California); San Francisco Harbor
- Old TRIS Terms: Collection; Harbor facilities; Industrial waste treatment; Materials recovery; Sewage collecting methods; Waste discharge management
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Environment; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00050843
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: MA-2-36202
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM