TRI-LEVEL ACCIDENT INVESTIGATION SUMMARIES. LEVEL 3A INJURY CAUSATION. VOLUME 2 NUMBER 4
The report briefly describes the tri-level accident investigation concept. Basically, three levels of information are collected: Exposure and accident rate information; accident information on a large sample of accidents not normally collected by the police; and multidisciplinary in-depth information collected on a small sample of accidents by a team of professionals. The report specifically contains Level 3A accident summaries from the tri-level study. The summaries are brief descriptions of injury-producing accidents investigated in order to determine the specific injuries incurred and identify the specific interior components which caused such injuries. The volume contains summaries of 50 injury causation cases.
- See also report dated May 73, PB-222 979.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- Pagination: 259 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Behavior; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Design standards; Drivers; Failure; Fatalities; Highway planning; Injuries; Research; Traffic crashes; Traffic engineering; Vehicle compartment components; Vehicle interiors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00050789
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Sum Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-053-2-277
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM