AIRCRAFT ACCIDENT REPORTS - BRIEF FORMAT. U.S. CIVIL AVIATION ISSUE NUMBER 5 OF 1972 ACCIDENTS
The publication contains selected aircraft accident reports, in brief format, occurring in U. S. Civil Aviation operations during calendar year 1972. The 542 General Aviation and 13 U. S. Air Carrier accidents represent a random selection. The publication is issued irregularly, normally six times each year. The brief format presents the facts, conditions, circumstances, and probable cause(s) for each accident. Additional statistical information is tabulated by type of accident, phase of operation, kind of flying, injury index, aircraft damage, conditions of light, pilot certificate, injuries, and causal factors.
- See also Issue number 4 dated 18 May 73, PB-221 844.
National Transportation Safety BoardOffice of Aviation Safety
Washington, DC United States 20594
- Publication Date: 1973-7-9
- Pagination: 342 p.
- TRT Terms: Air pilots; Air transportation crashes; Aircraft; Civil aviation; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Fatalities; Injuries; Licenses; Loss and damage; Research; Statistics
- Identifier Terms: U.S. National Transportation Safety Board
- Old TRIS Terms: Ntsb
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Data and Information Technology; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00050784
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NTSB-BA-73-7
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM