TRUCK NOISE III-A. PRELIMINARY NOISE DIAGNOSIS OF FREIGHTLINER DATUM TRUCK-TRACTOR
To determine present noise levels associated with a truck of the same class and performance characteristics as the quieted truck, tests were performed on a newly manufactured standard production truck on a road and at the Freightliner test facilities. The report presents noise data obtained from road tests of the datum truck for a range of operating conditions and baseline data obtained in accordance with the SAE J366a test standard. Individual sources of noise including engine, intake, exhaust, fan, transmission and differential are analyzed and recommendations are made for the initial configuration of the quieted truck. Specifications of the datum truck are given.
- Prepared by Freightliner Corp., Portland, Oreg., and Bolt, Beranek and Newman, Inc., Cambridge, Mass. See also PB-213 941.
Office of Noise Abatement400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Kaye, M C
- Patterson, W N
- BENDER, E K
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 60 p.
- TRT Terms: Engines; Motors; Mufflers; Noise; Pollution control; Road tests; Truck tractors; Trucks; Vibration isolation
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Department of Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Abatement
- Old TRIS Terms: Engine noise; Motor noise; Noise sound; Osdot; Truck engines; Vibration isolators
- Subject Areas: Environment; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00050780
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Rpt #1
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM