CRASH INJURY REDUCTION AND POST-CRASH FACTORS EVALUATIONS-GM-09 ESV-FIFTY-MPH FRONTAL FLAT-BARRIER IMPACT
The report presents the test procedures and results of front and rear low-speed, no-damage bumper tests and a 50-mph frontal flat-barrier test with a General Motors Experimental Safety Vehicle. The primary objectives of the test series were to determine the occupant and structural responses of the GM ESV design when subjected to a 50-mph barrier impact. Vehicle structural response and dummy occupant responses are presented and discussed.
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- Pagination: 128 p.
- TRT Terms: Anthropometry; Automobiles; Bumpers; Crash injury research; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Design standards; Impact tests; Injuries; Research; Safety equipment; Structural analysis
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00050769
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: 2300-73-30 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-046-2-468
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM