TRI-LEVEL ACCIDENT SUMMARIES. LEVEL 3A INJURY CAUSATION. VOLUME 2 , NUMBER 3
The report briefly introduces and describes the Tri-level Accident Investigation concept. Basically, three levels of information are collected: (1) exposure and accident rate information; (2) accident information on a large sample of accidents not normally collected by the police; (3) multidisciplinary in-depth information collected on a small sample of accidents by a team of professionals. The report specifically contains Level 3A accident summaries from the Tri-level study. These summaries are brief descriptions of injury-producing accidents to identify the specific interior components which caused such injuries. The volume contains summaries of 50 Injury Causation cases.
- See also Volume 2, no. 2, PB-221 297.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 223 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Design standards; Fatalities; Injuries; Passenger compartments; Research; Safety engineering; Traffic crashes; Vehicle compartment components; Vehicle interiors
- Uncontrolled Terms: Motor vehicle accidents
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00050764
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Sum Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-053-2-277
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM