AN EVALUATION OF THE DYNAMIC PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS OF ANTHROPOMORPHIC TEST DEVICES. SUPPLEMENTAL DATA REPORT. VOLUME 2
This is the second of a three-volume report documenting results from an experimental investigation of the static and dynamic performance of state-of-the-art anthropomorphic test dummies. The volume contains data from component and accelerator sled tests of a 50th percentile hybrid dummy. The component tests included drop impact tests of instrumentaed Alderson dummy fiberglass and standard aluminum heads, arrested pendulum tests, and tests in which the pendulum apparatus was used to impact both types of heads against simulated windshields of tempered and laminated (HPR) glass. Two series of sled tests were performed in which the responses of the dummy restrained by type 2 belt restraint systems in simulated 30 MPH crashes were measured. The document also presents data from selected accelerator sled tests reported in Volume I for calculation of values of the Head Injury Criteria. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
- See also Volume 1, PB-222 691.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
- DeLeys, N J
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Pagination: 211 p.
- TRT Terms: Anthropometry; Automobiles; Crash injury research; Crash tests; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Head; Injuries; Manual safety belts; Research; Rocket sleds; Safety engineering
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhsb; Rocket propelled sleds
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00050758
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CALSPAN-FA-5018-V-2 Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-053-1-129
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM