MARKETING TECHNIQUES AND THE MASS TRANSIT SYSTEM - A HANDBOOK
The handbook contains a selection of materials that have been used by transit systems to promote their service or to provide the public with information about using their service. The samples represent some of the more creative pieces that were provided by the 58 transit systems covered in the research on the companion report, 'Marketing Techniques and Mass Transit Systems'. The volume is designed as a guide to aid other transit systems in the selection of materials for their own marketing campaigns. Contents include pamphlets on video reinforcement, newspaper advertisements on rider reinforcement, encouraging modal switch and notices of systems changes, special information tools, schedules, maps, news releases, radio-spot advertising, multi-lingual announcements and announcements of special public relations activities. The format is largely graphic. Portions of this document are not fully legible.
- Prepared in cooperation with Mark Battle Associates, Inc., Washington, D.C. Supplement to PB-223 735.
National Urban League, Incorporated52 East 52nd Street
New York, NY United States 10022
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- Pagination: 122 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter service; Manuals; Market research; Marketing; Mass media; News; Passenger service; Promotion; Public relations; Publicity; Rapid transit; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Old TRIS Terms: Promoting
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050747
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-06-0020
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-533
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 2003 12:00AM