VENT AND STATION TEST (VST) FACILITY SINGLE AND DOUBLE TRACK STATION TESTING
The report concerns ventilation and environmental control in subway rapid transit systems and is one of many leading to a subway environmental design handbook. The report is to present test data generated in the VST facility for single and double track stations. Pressure signatures for various stations with and without mezzanines, for various entry portals, vent shafts and platform configurations are presented and compared to a DSI generated theory. Circulation patterns for the various configurations are presented and recommendations are made.
- Prepared by Aerospace Technology Div. of Development Sciences, Inc., Calif.
Transit Development Corporation, Incorporated1000 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1972-9
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Air; Atmospheric pressure; Environmental control; Environmental engineering; Environmental protection; Flow; Pistons (Engines); Railroad stations; Rapid transit; Statically indeterminate frames; Subways; Test facilities; Tubing; Ventilation systems; Vents
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Air flow; Model tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Aerodynamic characteristics; Platforms; Rapid transit railways; Statically indeterminate structure; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Construction; Environment; Highways; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00050741
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-06-0010
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 2003 12:00AM