BART PROTOTYPE CAR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. VOLUME 1. PROGRAM SYNOPSIS
The report traces The Bay Area Rapid Transit District Rapid Transit Vehicle Program through the planning phase, design phase, and the development and prototype test phase. The report provides design justifications, testing highlights, and reasons for modifications and changes resulting from the prototype test program, sponsored by the Urban Mass Transportation Administration. This report is divided into two volumes. Volume 1, Program Synopsis, provides an overview of the complete program and is directed toward Federal, Local Government and Rail Transit Management personnel. Volume 2, Program Details, provides the detailed technical material for Engineering personnel.
- Prepared in cooperation with Parsons Brinckerhoff-Tudor-Bechtel. See also Volume 2, PB-223 132.
Rohr CorporationP.O. Box 878
Chula Vista, CA United States 92012
- Publication Date: 1973-3
- Pagination: 80 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Development; Manufacturing; Passenger cars; Quality control; Railroad trains; Rapid transit; Tests
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District; U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Geographic Terms: California; San Francisco (California)
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Public Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00050738
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Sum Rpt, UMTA-CA-06-0032
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 2003 12:00AM