THE ADDITIONAL COST OF PROVIDING MOBILITY FOR THE ELDERLY AND HANDICAPPED ON THE WASHINGTON METROPOLITAN RAIL RAPID TRANSIT SYSTEM
The report presents an estimate of the cost of adding elevators and associated equipment to the Washington Metropolitan Rail Rapid Transit System as part of a planning and designing procedure which would meet the special needs of the elderly and the handicapped. The report covers the following specific areas of study: potential elderly and handicapped users, needs of the elderly and handicapped in rail rapid transit, the metro system and its accessibility to the elderly and the handicapped, cost of providing additional facilities, security and safety. A list of references is included.
- See also report dated Jul 73, PB-222 828.
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 48 p.
- TRT Terms: Aged; Cost estimating; Elevators; Employees; Estimates; Mobility; Physically handicapped persons; Rapid transit; Safety; Security; Subways
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration; Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Society;
- Accession Number: 00050737
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Intrnl Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-MA-06-0034
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 31 1981 12:00AM