BART PROTOTYPE CAR DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. VOLUME 2, PROGRAM DETAILS
The report traces The Bay Area Rapid Transit District Rapid Transit Vehicle Program through the planning phase, design phase, and the development and prototype test phase. The program was established to enhance the attractiveness of rail rapid transportation to the urban traveler by providing a comfortable, reliable and safe car incorporating the latest engineering concepts. The report provides design justifications, testing highlights, and reasons for modifications and changes resulting from the prototype test Administration. This Volume 2, Program Details, provides the detailed technical material for Engineering personnel. (Author)
- See also Volume 1, PB-222975.
Rohr CorporationP.O. Box 878
Chula Vista, CA United States 92012
- Publication Date: 1973-3
- Pagination: 271 p.
- TRT Terms: Passenger cars; Rapid transit
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Subject Areas: Public Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00050736
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1981 12:00AM