GROWTH RATES WITHIN THE TRANSPORTATION SECTOR
It is concluded that the three future major contributors to the growth in the use of energy by the transportation sector are changes in transport modes, increasing per capita personal travel, and population growth. These three factors are the key items in the future growth of energy demand for transportation.
- Presented at a Seminar on Energy as a Scarce Resource held at California Inst. of Tech., Pasadena, on 9 Dec 72.
RAND Corporation1776 Main Street, P.O. Box 2138
Santa Monica, CA United States 90407-2138
- Mooz, W E
- Publication Date: 1973-1
- Pagination: 11 p.
- TRT Terms: Consumption; Energy; Energy resources; Forecasting; Fuel consumption; Fuels; Statistical analysis; Supply; Transportation; Utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Energy crisis
- Old TRIS Terms: Fuel shortage
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Energy; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00050720
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: P-4935
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 31 1974 12:00AM