MASTER PLAN FOR THE EUROPEAN RAILWAY OF THE FUTURE
The Planning Committee has developed, in a first stage, the Master Plan for the European Railway of the Future based upon a homogenous network of main lines which meet the quantitative and qualitative requirements of traffic forecasts for 1985 and which offer the same high capacity. The scope of the study is limited to the networks of the European UIC Member Railways. Working from the principle that the Master Plan to be developed should consist of connections between the zones which generate a large amount of traffic, the Committee began by determining the zones which have a high traffic potential and which make up the nodes of the Master Plan. Starting from these nodes, a geographical plan of the network of traffic connections was established. It served as the theoretical basis of the Master Plan.
International Union of Railways14 rue Jean Rey
75015 Paris, France
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Governments; Network analysis (Planning); Planning; Transportation; Transportation planning
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00050662
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 15 1976 12:00AM