GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF THE JAPANESE NATIONAL RAILWAYS
A general description of the JNR, setting out: 1) a history of the Railways and their present position; 2) the organizational and accountancy structure, and the financing of expenditure; 3) the number of staff and the services maintained; 4) the modernization in progress, and the use of computers; 5) the research structures and activities; 6) the operating results; and 7) the new Tokaido Line, and the projects concerning the Sanyo-Shin Kansen Line.
JAPANESE NATIONAL RAILWAYSTOKYO, Japan
- Publication Date: 1971
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 52 p.
- TRT Terms: High speed rail; History
- Identifier Terms: Nihon kokuyu tetsudo; Shinkansen
- Subject Areas: History; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050575
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Railway Documentation, Selection of
- Report/Paper Numbers: UIC #036N5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 24 1976 12:00AM