COAST GUARD RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IN SHIPBOARD WASTEWATER TREATMENT
A review of the Coast Guard's research and development program in shipboard wastewater treatment is presented. The nature of the problem is described in terms of vessel constraints, wastewater characteristics, and system requirements. Data on the wastewater characteristics from selected Coast Guard vessels are summarized, and performance goals and design specifications for a 50-man and 20-man system are reviewed. The results of past testing and evaluation of biological and physical/channel prototype systems is discussed including descriptions of the various systems and actual field performance data.
- Prepared for meeting, July 16-19, 1973.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY USA 10016-5990
- Scarano, T S
- Ard Jr, R W
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Sewage treatment; Ships; Waste management; Wastes
- Old TRIS Terms: Sewage treatment systems; Shipboard sewage treatment; Waste characteristics; Waste discharge management
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00050533
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: ASME #73-ENAs-37 Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 11 1974 12:00AM