TRAIN DYNAMICS BY COMPLEX MODE SYNTHESIS
The paper discusses the use of nonclassical component modes to synthesize a reduced set of linear equations for the entire system. The final eigenproblem is formulated to yield a set of system modes with associated frequencies and damping factors. A frequency response approach is outlined for determining steady-state response to sinusoidal track irregularities. Frequency response functions so derived can be used to compute response to random track irregularities.
- Presented at Joint ASCE-ASME Transportation Engineering Meeting, July 26-30, 1971, in Seattle, Washington.
American Society of Mechanical EngineersTwo Park Avenue
New York, NY United States 10016-5990
- Hasselman, T K
- Kaplan, A
- Publication Date: 1971-7
- Pagination: 30 p.
- TRT Terms: Frequency response; Train track dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Complex mode syntheses
- Subject Areas: Materials; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050387
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Preprint 1487
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 24 1976 12:00AM