36,000 SHP MARINE STEAM TURBINE WITH TURBINE-DRIVE AUXILIARIES
A steam turbine propulsion unit having a maximum continuous rating of 36,000 shp at 90 rpm, designed for a 209,300 ton dw single-screw oil tanker is described. Two important elements in its design were the last row of low pressure turbine blades and the reduction gear. To improve fuel consumption a unique clutch/coupling was developed and the boiler feed pump was designed to be driven direct from the high pressure turbine.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/6660842
Benn Brothers Marine Publications LimitedLyon Tower, 125 High Street, Colliers Wood
London SW19 2JN, England
- Yamate, S
- Publication Date: 1969-7
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Clutches; Couplers; Propulsion; Reduction gears; Steam power plants; Tankers
- Old TRIS Terms: Tanker propulsion
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00003134
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1973 12:00AM