CATHODIC PROTECTION, SAFEGUARDING SHIPS FROM THE SEA
The mechanism of electrochemical corrosion is explained and a table gives electrode potentials of some metals in common use. Protection by sacrificial anodes and impressed current systems is described. Details are given for the installation and costs of zinc alloy anodes. Applications to stationary submerged structures are mentioned.
Transport and Technical Publications Limited161-166 Fleet Street
- Publication Date: 1969-10-31
- Pagination: 21 p.
- Shipbuilding and Shipping Record
- Volume: 114
- Issue Number: 17
- Publisher: Transport and Technical Publications Limited
- TRT Terms: Anodic protection; Cathodic protection; Zinc alloys
- Subject Areas: Construction; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00003128
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Oct 30 1973 12:00AM