OMEGA NAVIGATION SYSTEM--A VERY LOW FREQUENCY RADIO AID TO NAVIGATION
An overview of the OMEGA Navigation System characteristics, technical description and basic principles of operating are presented. Information relative to system implementation milestones is included. OMEGA charting and navigational publications required to support the program are described along with international and system management concepts.
- Presented at the April 25-27, 1973 Seattle RTCM Assembly Meeting. Volume 1--Papers A thru E, Maritime Satellite Telecommunications Activity; Volume 2--Papers F thru L, Maritime Antennas, Personnel, and ITU Conference Activity; Volume 3--Papers M thru R, Systems Approaches to Maritime Telecommunications; Volume 4--Papers S thru Y, Navigation and Position Fixing in Maritime Telecommunications. Sold only as a complete four volume set--$10.00 per set.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services/Federal Communications Commission
Washington, DC USA 20554
- Richardson, J D
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 16 p.
- Volume: 4
- TRT Terms: Electronic navigation; Omega navigation system; Position fixing
- Old TRIS Terms: Electronic navigation aids; Omega navigation; Position finding
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00050276
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 104-73/DO-72
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM