THE DEVELOPMENT AND TEST OF POSITION FIXING SYSTEMS FOR DRIFTING BUOYS
To support NOAA's Data Buoy Office (NDBO) mission of gathering and reporting oceanographic and meteorological data from the marine areas, an accurate and reliable position location system is required. This paper represents the criteria, candidate position fixing systems, system development, implementation and initial test results of the two selected position fixing systems.
- Presented at the April 25-27, 1973 Seattle RTCM Assembly Meeting. Volume 1--Papers A thru E, Maritime Satellite Telecommunications Activity; Volume 2--Papers F thru L, Maritime Antennas, Personnel, and ITU Conference Activity; Volume 3--Papers M thru R, Systems Approaches to Maritime Telecommunications; Volume 4--Papers S thru Y, Navigation and Position Fixing in Maritime Telecommunications. Sold only as a complete four volume set--$10.00 per set.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services/Federal Communications Commission
Washington, DC United States 20554
- Gilbert, M E
- Livingston, T L
- Haas, G
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 13 p.
- Volume: 4
- TRT Terms: Buoys; Navigational aids; Position fixing; Radio navigation
- Old TRIS Terms: Position finding
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00050271
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 104-73/DO-73
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM