AUTOMATICALLY TUNED MF/HF RADIO COMMUNICATIONS SYSTEM FOR COMMERCIAL MARINE APPLICATIONS
This paper describes an MF/HF communication system intended for commercial marine application. The system utilized automatic tuning of both the transmitter and antenna coupler, and also employs synthesized frequency generation. The system, while being compliant with today's regulations, is advanced in design such as to be interfaceable with the more advanced ships which may still be in the conceptual or planning stages.
- Presented at the April 25-27, 1973 Seattle RTCM Assembly Meeting. Volume 1--Papers A thru E, Maritime Satellite Telecommunications Activity; Volume 2--Papers F thru L, Maritime Antennas, Personnel, and ITU Conference Activity; Volume 3--Papers M thru R, Systems Approaches to Maritime Telecommunications; Volume 4--Papers S thru Y, Navigation and Position Fixing in Maritime Telecommunications. Sold only as a complete four volume set--$10.00 per set.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services/Federal Communications Commission
Washington, DC USA 20554
- Hiatt, J F
- Copley, R T
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 14 p.
- Volume: 3
- TRT Terms: Communication devices; Communication systems; Radio; Radio equipment
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00050264
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 103-73/DO-72
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM