SOME OPERATIONAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE 1974 MARITIME CONFERENCE
Canadian preparations for the Maritime Conference began in 1971 following the Space Radio Conference, and became more intensive when the final agenda of the Conference was approved by a majority of ITU Member Countries in June 1972. It is anticipated that the Preliminary Canadian views on the agenda items will become available early in 1973. At present we are studying the operational needs of the Maritime Mobile Service, in consultation with the maritime community. For example an exchange of views will be sought at the 11th Session of the IMCO Sub-Committee on Radio Communications, in London Commencing March 5th, 1973.
- Presented at the April 25-27, 1973 Seattle RTCM Assembly Meeting. Volume 1--Papers A thru E, Maritime Satellite Telecommunications Activity; Volume 2--Papers F thru L, Maritime Antennas, Personnel, and ITU Conference Activity; Volume 3--Papers M thru R, Systems Approaches to Maritime Telecommunications; Volume 4--Papers S thru Y, Navigation and Position Fixing in Maritime Telecommunications. Sold only as a complete four volume set--$10.00 per set.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services/Federal Communications Commission
Washington, DC United States 20554
- Hewitt, R O
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 7 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Communications traffic; Cooperation; Frequency (Electromagnetism); Frequency spectra; International; International compacts; Radio
- Old TRIS Terms: Radio traffic loads
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00050263
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 102-73/DO-71
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM