THE ECONOMIC BENEFITS OF INCREASING THE NUMBER OF SHIPS COVERED WITH HIGHLY RELIABLE COMMUNICATIONS BY HF LINEAR ARRAY ANTENNAS
Advances in antenna technology have now made it possible to provide very reliable high frequency communications over extremely long ranges. Communications reliability of 85% minimum is now possible at transmission ranges in excess of 10,000 miles. Knowing the ship distribution throughout the world, the designer can determine the number of ships covered with highly reliable communications for various antenna gains. Thus an economic analysis showing the number of ships covered for a specific antenna investment is possible. This technical note provides the results of such an analysis.
- Presented at the April 25-27, 1973 Seattle RTCM Assembly Meeting. Volume 1--Papers A thru E, Maritime Satellite Telecommunications Activity; Volume 2--Papers F thru L, Maritime Antennas, Personnel, and ITU Conference Activity; Volume 3--Papers M thru R, Systems Approaches to Maritime Telecommunications; Volume 4--Papers S thru Y, Navigation and Position Fixing in Maritime Telecommunications. Sold only as a complete four volume set--$10.00 per set.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services/Federal Communications Commission
Washington, DC United States 20554
- Blum, L J
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 11 p.
- Volume: 2
- TRT Terms: Antennas; Radio equipment; Radio wave propagation
- Old TRIS Terms: Antenna signal measurement; Antenna systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00050261
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 102-73/DO-71
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM