IMCO ACTIVITY IN MARITIME SATELLITES
In this paper, the author briefly reviews the history and organizational structure of the Inter-Governmental Maritime Consultative Organization (IMCO). The IMCO work in the area of maritime satellites is described, particularly as it relates to the activity presently being pursued within the Panel of Experts on Maritime Satellites. The operational requirements, technical characteristics, cost/benefit analyses and possible organizational arrangements of a maritime satellite system are discussed as they have been developed to date. Finally, a short description of the Communications Satellite Corporation's (COMSAT) plan to provide maritime satellite service is provided.
- Presented at the April 25-27, 1973 Seattle RTCM Assembly Meeting. Volume 1--Papers A thru E, Maritime Satellite Telecommunications Activity; Volume 2--Papers F thru L, Maritime Antennas, Personnel, and ITU Conference Activity; Volume 3--Papers M thru R, Systems Approaches to Maritime Telecommunications; Volume 4--Papers S thru Y, Navigation and Position Fixing in Maritime Telecommunications. Sold only as a complete four volume set--$10.00 per set.
Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services/Federal Communications Commission
Washington, DC USA 20554
- Fenton, R E
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Artificial satellites; Communication systems; Economic analysis; Electronic navigation; Satellite communication
- Old TRIS Terms: Economic analysis (Satellite systems)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Marine Transportation; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00050256
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Radio Technical Commission for Marine Services
- Report/Paper Numbers: Paper 101-73/DO-70
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1974 12:00AM