SHIPBOARD ELECTRICAL SYSTEM DESIGN--A PRESENT DAY APPROACH
The purpose of this paper is to assist owners, designers and shipyard personnel to appreciate the importance of integrating the electrical and electronic shipboard systems at the design stage in order that equipment suppliers may be able to bid on the most economic basis to provide a satisfactory solution to the problems. Of prime importance is the integration of the generation, distribution and utilization systems. This is only possible by viewing the whole electrical and electronic picture while assessing the actual operating conditions.
- Presented at the meeting of the Pacific Northwest Section of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Lapper, W R
- Publication Date: 1973-3-30
- Pagination: 15 p.
- TRT Terms: Electric power transmission; Electrical systems; Electronic equipment
- Old TRIS Terms: Electronic systems
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00050237
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM