1000 FOOT TUG/BARGE COMBINATION FOR LITTON GREAT LAKES CORPORATION
The purpose of this paper is to present the principal features in the design and construction of the largest Tug/Barge combination ever built in the world. The Barge, Erie Marine Division's Hull No. 102, is now essentially complete and when mated with the Tug nearing completion at Halter Marine Services, Inc. of New Orleans will commence operation on the Great Lakes later this summer in the transportation of either iron ore, taconite pellets, limestone or coal.
- Presented at meeting Great Lakes and Great Rivers Section of SNAME.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ USA 07306-2907
- Pickersgill, T C
- Sharp, I D
- Trunick, R P
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 73 p.
- TRT Terms: Barges; Tug ship interaction; Tugboats; Water transportation
- Old TRIS Terms: Barge configurations; Barge transportation systems; Tug barge linkage; Tug barge systems
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00050231
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM