GUIDE FOR SHIPBOARD CRANE SPECIFICATIONS
This guide defines the basic requirements for the design, construction, testing and operation of various types of cranes for shipboard use, including cranes for handling general cargo, unitized cargo, and other cargoes. The purpose is to provide guidance for the buyer in specifying particulars to suppliers, and to provide a more consistent and uniform specification which is of assistance to the manufacturer in designing and pricing the cranes. Because there are many variables with respect to ship configuration, application and economic considerations, certain data listed has been treated as specific ordering data and is contained at the end of this guide. The guide itemizes many of the normally accepted requirements; however, should the particular application require modification of these requirements, these modifications should be itemized by the purchaser. Certain requirements of the regulatory agencies must be considered and generally should take precedence over the related provisions of this guide unless these agencies have agreed to accept the requirements of this guide as an alternate to their published requirements.
- Prepared by Panel 0-31 (Cargo Handling) of the Ship Technical Operations Committee.
Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers601 Pavonia Avenue
Jersey City, NJ United States 07306-2907
- Publication Date: 1972-3
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Cranes; Decks (Ships); Machinery
- Uncontrolled Terms: Deck machinery
- Old TRIS Terms: Shipboard cranes
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00050229
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers
- Report/Paper Numbers: T&R Bulletin 4-12
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM