BASIC RESEARCH IN CRASHWORTHINESS II. EXPERIMENTAL VALIDATION STUDY FOR THE LARGE DEFLECTION DYNAMIC ANALYSIS OF PLANE ELASTO-PLASTIC FRAME STRUCTURES
A validation study is made for the analytical predictive technique developed for the large-deflection static and dynamic analysis of plane elasto-plastic frame structures. The test apparatus and test results for four mild steel frame/rigid barrier impact (or crush) tests conducted specifically for this purpose at Calspan Corporation are described. The test results are then compared with the corresponding analytical results. It is found that, in the dynamic cases studied, the analytical results which include material rate-sensitivity effects correlate reasonably well with the experimental results, while the analytical results which do not include such effects correlate very poorly with experiment.
- See also PB-222 599.
Calspan Corporation4455 Genesee Street
Buffalo, NY United States 14225
- Shieh, R
- Publication Date: 1973-7
- Pagination: 92 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Automobiles; Chassis; Crash injury research; Crash tests; Crashes; Crashworthiness; Deflection; Dynamic tests; Elastoplasticity; Motor vehicle bodies; Research; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Structural analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile bodies; Nhsb
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00050152
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: CALSPAN-YB-2987-V-16Intrm Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-7622
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM