EVALUATE AIRBAG RESTRAINTS FOR SUBCOMPACT CAR DRIVERS. VOLUME II. FINAL PROGRAM REPORT
An experimental program was conducted to gather data on the performance of two currently available airbag restraint systems for drivers of subcompact cars. Twenty sled tests and four full-scale crashes were conducted using various arrangements of anthropometric dummies. Both the vehicles and the dummies were instrumented and high-speed moveis were taken. Evaluation of airbag restraint systems was made.
- See also Volume 1, PB-221 686.
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX United States 78228-0510
- Michie, J D
- Bronstad, M E
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 233 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Air bags; Anthropometry; Automobiles; Drivers; Evaluation; Impact tests; Performance evaluations; Rocket sleds; Safety engineering; Safety equipment; Structural analysis; Subcompact automobiles
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural properties
- Old TRIS Terms: Nhsb; Rocket propelled sleds; Subcompact cars
- Subject Areas: Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00050145
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-024-1-164
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1973 12:00AM