HIGH SPEED GROUND TRANSPORTATION ACT OF 1965
The report accounts for High Speed Ground Transportation activities and covers the period ending 30 September 1972. Previous reports of the former Office of High Speed Ground Transportation have served as a source book on the HSGT Program for Congressional Committees, other DOT organizations, prospective contractors, academicians, and others wanting to know about HSGT program content, accomplishments, or future direction. HSGT activities are now a portion of the work of the Office of Research, Development, and Demonstrations in the reorganized Federal Railroad Administration. This Sixth Report will serve the same purpose as previous reports and reflect the more recent emphasis of the activities at the High Speed Ground Test Center in Colorado, expanding hardware development programs, and maturing demonstration programs.
- See also Annual rept. no. 5, PB-212 694.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1972-9
- Pagination: 145 p.
- Issue Number: 6
- TRT Terms: Control devices; Dynamics; Electric power supply; Governments; High speed ground transportation; High speed rail; Passenger transportation; Planning; Policy; Propulsion; Railroad cars; Railroad tracks; Rapid transit; Regional planning; Suspension systems; Turbotrains
- Identifier Terms: Metroliner (Express train); U.S. Federal Railroad Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Experimental design
- Old TRIS Terms: Fra; Government planning; Government policies; High speed ground transportation act of 1965; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Energy; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00050140
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA-ORD/D-74-8 Ann Rpt
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 13 1974 12:00AM