DIESEL ENGINE NOISE REDUCTION HARDWARE FOR VEHICLE NOISE CONTROL
A range of hardware has been developed and put in production for three basic diesel engine models. The hardware includes parts for the isolation of components and shields mounted externally to the engine. Overall engine noise reductions in the test cell are as much as 6 dB(A). The reduction of noise by external methods has been taken to the point where, in many cases, the noise is now distributed evenly from the engine surfaces. Treatment of any one surface, henceforth, will result in less significant reductions in total engine noise.
- Prepared for SAE meeting on June 18-22, 1973.
New York, NY USA 10017
- Jenkins, S H
- Kuehner, H K
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel engines; Environmental protection; Locomotives; Noise
- Old TRIS Terms: Diesel engine noise
- Subject Areas: Environment; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050079
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: Preprint #730681
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 24 1976 12:00AM