TECHNOLOGIC AND RELATED TRENDS IN THE MINERAL INDUSTRIES, 1972
This report, the third in an annual series, outlines recent trends and developments in the minerals industry. Discussed are new methods, equipment, techniques, and systems used to more effectively extract and process minerals and fuels. Environmental considerations, reduced ore grades, and the related increased quantities of material handled were the dominant concerns of the minerals industry in 1972. Productivity increased in most mineral commodities as equipment became more mobile, versatile, and sophisticated. Increasingly, equipment designs incorporated health and safety features. There was considerable interest in the field of energy and in pollution-free metallurgy processes.
Bureau of Mines Publication Disbribution Branch4800 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA USA 15213
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Freight transportation; Mineral resources; Minerals
- Old TRIS Terms: Mineral traffic
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Geotechnology; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00050069
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Bureau of Mines Publication Disbribution Branch
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 24 1976 12:00AM