WAVE FORCES ON RUBBLE-MOUND BREAKWATERS AND JETTIES
The data presented in this report were obtained from tests made in connection with Civil Works Investigation No. 815, 'Stability of Rubble-Mound Breakwaters,' and model studies of problems concerning the repair of specific breakwaters. These data are compared with available prototype data for two breakwaters for which model tests were conducted, and conclusions are drawn as to the applicability of the small-scale test results in the design of full-scale structures.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS USA 39180-6199
- Publication Date: 1961-9
- Pagination: 36 p.
- TRT Terms: Breakwaters; Building materials; Design; Force; Jetties; Ocean waves; Rubble mound breakwaters; Stability (Mechanics); Structural design; Wave motion; Waves
- Uncontrolled Terms: Model tests
- Old TRIS Terms: A; Breakwater design; Force mechanics; Wave forces on structures
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00048405
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AEWES-2-453 Misc Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM