ARCTIC ICE DYNAMICS JOINT EXPERIMENT. 1972 AIDJEX PILOT STUDY
AIDJEX Bulletin No. 14 is devoted to a preliminary review of the 1972 AIDJEX pilot study, which was held during March-April 1972 on pack ice in the Beaufort Sea approximately 500 km north of Pt. Barrow, Alaska. The Bulletin contains a description of the general operation, followed by a series of project summaries written to give a rough inventory of the data collected. The last section consists of position, weather, and azimuth data for all camps (main camp and two satellite camps).
- See also Bulletin 13, PB-220 577.
University of Washington, SeattleDivision of Marine Sciences
Seattle, WA USA 98105
- Johnson, Andrew M.
- Publication Date: 1972-7
- Pagination: 215 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerial photography; Air water interfaces; Deformation; Hydrographic surveying; Ice; Ice phenomena; Oceanography; Pack ice; Sea ice; Strain measurement; Surveys; Tables (Data); Weather stations
- Uncontrolled Terms: Observations; Oceanographic surveys
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions; Beaufort Sea
- Old TRIS Terms: Air water interactions; Arctic surveys; Hydrographic surveys; Ice deformation; Ice water air interaction
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00048342
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AIDJEX-Bull-14
- Contract Numbers: NSG-C625
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM