TWENTY RESEARCH PROBLEM STATEMENTS ARE PRESENTED BY THE BITUMINOUS DIVISION. THE PROBLEMS INVOLVE THE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF BITUMINOUS CONCRETE PAVEMENTS AND BASES. THE STATEMENTS INCLUDE OBJECTIVES, REFERENCES, AND URGENCY. THE PROBLEM AREAS INCLUDE (1) BITUMINOUS MATERIALS AND MIXES, (2) THE DESIGN, MAINTENANCE, AND SAFETY OF SURFACE TREATMENTS, (3) THE DESIGN AND SERVICEABILITY OF BITUMINOUS PAVEMENTS, (4) AGGREGATE CHARACTERISTICS, AND (5) DESIGN OF BITUMINOUS AGGREGATE BASES.
- Record URL:
- No 50, 25 PP. Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
- Publication Date: 1966-10
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Highway Research Circular
- Issue Number: 54
- Publisher: Highway Research Board (HRB)
- TRT Terms: Asphalt concrete; Bituminous aggregates; Bituminous bases; Bituminous materials; Bituminous mixtures; Bituminous pavements; Design; Pavement maintenance; Proposals; Research; Safety; Serviceability; Specifications; Surface treating
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Materials; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00211376
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB
- Created Date: Jan 31 1994 12:00AM