FATIGUE CRACK PROPAGATION IN A514 BASE PLATE AND WELDED JOINTS
The objectives of the report are two-fold. The first part deals with the fatigue response of the base plate material; the effect of mean load variations, specimen configuration and thickness on fatigue crack propagation (FCP) is examined. Having established the propagation characteristics of the base metal, FCP in weld metal and heat affected zone (HAZ) was evaluated with respect to suitable variables in the second part of the investigation.
- Availability: Pub. in the Welding Jnl. Research Supplement, p1-5 Oct 72.
Lehigh UniversityDepartment of Metallurgy and Materials Science
Bethlehem, PA USA
- PARRY, M
- Nordberg, H
- Hertzberg, R W
- Publication Date: 1972
- Pagination: 4 p.
- TRT Terms: Cracking; Fatigue (Mechanics); Fatigue cracking; Fracture mechanics; Joints (Engineering); Steel; Welds
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation; Welded joints
- Old TRIS Terms: Steel a-514
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00048321
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: N00014-68-A-0514
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM