FRAM CORPORATION MODEL OWS-23-FCI-USCG OIL/WATER SEPARATOR
The report covers the test and evaluation of a Fram Corporation Model OWS-23-FCI-USCG oil/water separator to determine its suitability as a shipboard oil pollution control device. The device uses gravity separation to remove free and unemulsified oil from water. Based on an evaluation of the test results, degree of conformance to the general test goals, and performance relative to the performance of other separators evaluated during the program, this report concludes that the separator should be considered a candidate for further detailed testing to confirm its suitability as a first-generation oil/water separation system for shipboard use.
Army Mobility Equipment R&D CenterFort Belvoir, VA USA
- Russell, E C
- Publication Date: 1973-5
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Ballast (Ships); Bilges; Bonding; Evaluation; Gravity; Mechanical analysis; Oil spill cleanup; Oil spills; Oils; Onboard navigational aids; Performance; Ships; Tests; Vehicle components; Waste disposal; Water pollution; Water quality management
- Uncontrolled Terms: Oil separators
- Old TRIS Terms: Bilge water; Bilge water treatment; Cg; Coalescing; Oily ballast disposal; Performance engineering; Ship auxiliary equipment; Shipborne
- Subject Areas: Environment; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00048319
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: USAMERDC-2059 Final Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 14 1973 12:00AM