The above work, in the "Plan and Planning" collection of the General Planning Commissariat, has been published as a result of the planning studies submitted by the Transport Committee, which are intended to propose, on the basis of a global estimate of the volume of passenger and goods traffic to be expected by 1985, an allocation of these traffics to the different forms of transport, by examining, through the medium of contrasted situations, the possible alternatives and the strategies to which they give rise. After setting out general details of the position concerning transport by 1985, an examination is carried out of regional, inter-regional, "intra-continental," and inter-continental, passenger traffic. The third part, in which a study is made of goods traffic, deals successively with specific studies relating to the internal transport of roughly manufactured goods, as well with those concerning the internal transport of semi-manufactured, and fully manufactured, goods, the allocation of traffic to the different forms of transport, and traffic linked to distribution. The final chapters contain an overall view of the results of these studies, together with details of the inter-continental transport of goods traffic. The general conclusions are followed by voluminous appendices and bibliographical details concerning planning in the transport industry.
Editions Armand ColinParis, France
- Publication Date: 1972
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 352 p.
- Volume: 1
- TRT Terms: Competition; Demand; Freight transportation; Governments; Network analysis (Planning); Planning; Transportation; Transportation modes; Transportation planning; Travel demand
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00048273
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Railway Documentation, Selection of
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 11 1976 12:00AM