INVENTORY, APPRAISAL, AND PERSPECTIVES CONCERNING RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT IN THE CASE OF LAND AND SEA TRANSPORT
INVENTAIRE, BILAN ET PERSPECTIVES DE RECHERCHE ET DE DEVELOPPEMENT EN MATIERE DE TRANSPORTS TERRESTRES ET MARITIMES
The results of a study requested, in December 1969, by the European Communities' Commission. The geographical area covered by the study includes the 6 countries in the European Community, as well as Great Britain, Switzerland, the United States and Canada. The study was divided into 3 parts: 1) the role of the State in regard to research in the different countries within the geographical area covered by the study, which terminates with a chapter dealing with international co-operation on questions of research and development in the field of land and sea transport; 2) the inventory itself of the activities concerning research and development, which is divided into 3 sections; i.e. the elementary techniques intended for land or sea applications (the linear motor, motors causing less pollution, or no pollution, air-cushion suspension, the system of magnetic suspension, accumulators, fuel cells, the control and regulation of road traffic), systems of land transport (systems of inter-urban transport, and systems of transport in conurbations), and systems of sea transport; and 3) general observations designed to provide information enabling restricted areas to be defined, concerning which the European Communities' Commission should undertake considerably more detailed work.
- Published for the European Communities' Commission 'General Management of General Research and Technology', 1971. In 3 Volumes.
Setec-Economie92 Courbevoie, France
- Publication Date: 1971
- Pagination: 553 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Governments; Planning; Research
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00048270
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Railway Documentation, Selection of
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 11 1976 12:00AM