IDENTIFICATION OF WAGON MARKS. REPORT NO. 3: RECOMMENDED CHOICE OF A SYSTEM
After having made reference to the studies carried out in this connection, the report deals with the results obtained in the case of the two methods examined (the Sylvania visual system, and the Siemens micro-wave system). These two systems were subjected to numerous tests, and conform to the conditions laid down in UIC leaflet 916-1I, although the micro-wave system is less sensitive to the effects of snow and ice. The Committee concerned has carried out an economic comparison between the two systems, which shows that the annual cost is less in the case of the micro-wave system. Having regard to these advantages, the Committee has recommended the choice of the SICARID system, using the micro-wave technique.
- BDC cat. #56M26 IV. Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1972-4
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic car identification; Economic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Sicarid system
- Subject Areas: Economics; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00048251
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: Question A97/RP3/F ORE Rpt
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 11 1976 12:00AM