SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, DESIGN SECTION F00LB BRANCH ROUTE
Results of four test pits made at structures bordering 7th Street N.W. between Indiana Avenue and D Street in Section F00lb of Branch Route of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro system are reported. The purpose of the investigation was to determine characteristics of subsoil and foundations of the structures in order to evaluate the protection necessary during construction of the subway on 7th Street. The report contains logs of the test pits, cross-sections showing their position relative to the structures, results of laboratory tests performed on hand-cut cube samples of bearing materials recovered from the test pits and conclusions regarding subsurface conditions.
- Prepared in cooperation with Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, Washington, D.C. and Deleuw, Cather and Company, Washington, D.C.
Utah State University, LoganUtah Water Research Laboratory
Logan, UT United States 84321
- Publication Date: 1972-10-5
- Pagination: 35 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Excavation and tunneling; Foundation engineering; Foundations; Geological surveying; Pits; Public transit; Rock mechanics; Routes; Soil mechanics; Subways; Underground structures
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Pits excavations; Subway railways; Tunneling excavations
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Geotechnology; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00048151
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-72-77
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 1973 12:00AM