SINGLE TRACK SYSTEM CONCEPTS STUDY
A milestone report has been prepared under the Institute for Rapid Transit (IRT) project 'Ventilation and Environmental Control in Subway Rapid Transit Systems,' and is one of many such reports leading to the final product-- a subway environmental design handbook. The report describes the implementation of the single-track subway environment (ST-SES) computer program in an evaluation of the air flows and temperatures resulting from several single track subway geometries and train operations. Geometric and operational parameters treated as variables include vent shaft location and flow impedance, tunnel cross-section, and train headway, dwell time, and maximum speed. In addition, three environmental control system concepts were simulated: mechanical ventilation, underplatform exhaust, and track profile variation.
- Prepared in cooperation with Parsons, Brinckerhoff, Quade and Douglas, Inc., New York.
Transit Development Corporation, Incorporated1000 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1972-12
- Pagination: 104 p.
- TRT Terms: Air; Blocking; Computer programs; Dynamic braking; Environment; Environmental engineering; Environmental quality; Flow; Geometry; Graphs; Heat sinks; Heat transfer; Mathematical analysis; Railroad tracks; Rapid transit; Simulation; Subways; Temperature; Velocity; Ventilation systems; Walls
- Identifier Terms: U.S. Urban Mass Transportation Administration
- Uncontrolled Terms: Air flow; Temperature distribution
- Old TRIS Terms: Graphs charts; Subway environment; Subway railways; Underplatform equipment
- Subject Areas: Environment; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00048137
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: UMTA-DC-06-0010
- Files: NTIS, TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 13 2003 12:00AM